Sunday, June 15, 2008

Vision of Hope

I was an early morning not to long ago that i woke up feeling like i wasn't able to breathe. I woke up with sweat all over my face and i felt like a train had hit me. I had woken up from a very disturbing dream, i don't dream very often and this one was definetly different. Ever since i was a little girl i knew that God has something to do with my dreams, things that i dreamed always came true. But don't get me wrong i don't think that EVERY dream that i have comes from God, i can feel when it's from God, specially when i seek guidance he sometimes guides me through my dreams.
My husband and i had been going through this awful oppression and the enemy had been attacking us left and right, car broke down, my husband had no job, i was depressed, i hated my job and so on and so fort. My husband finally got interviews for two different jobs, it had been a week and a half and neither of them had called back (even though they both said they would call back the next day to let him know if he got hired). So then i woke up from this dream and here it goes...

I was walking on what seemed to be some sort of sidewalk and i also seemed to be walking with people. I don't know who they where cause i could not see their faces. I did notice that the path that i was walking on was kind of narrow and that there was sand right next to it but i had a feeling that i wasn't supposed to walk on that. I also seemed to be enjoying myself, talking, smiling, walking....and then there was a turn in the path and for some reason i started walking backwards but still looking at the people that where behind me.

As i was walking backwards i did not notice that i had reached the end of the path and there was a lip there that i ended up tripping over. When i tripped i fell onto the sand that originally had a feeling that i wasn't supposed to be in and i had fallen flat on my back on the sand. I instantly got this sense of fear and i looked around a n noticed that it was a sinking sand box. I did not move but i did look around, and when i looked around i noticed that i was in a pit of snakes!!! I was frozen with fear and i immediately went into survival mode, i said to myself "if i don't move the snakes wont strike". So i laid there...frozen in fear and wanting to yell for help. I did not want to make a sudden move cause from past history of my dreams if a snake bites me IT'S NOT A GOOD SIGN! So i was trying to prevent that at all cost.

I started to wonder where everyone that i was walking with had gone? why weren't they coming to help me out of this pit? and then i noticed that right besides my left hand there was a snake, i for sure thought it was going to strike me any second so i started dragging my hand very slowly to get my entire arm into a bent position so i could possibly push myself out of the pit.
As i start to plan what i am going to do next and by this time i had started to scream for help, i noticed that the snake that was next to my hand was like unusually mellow . I was like if the snake was in a trance and was just looking at my hand and was not going to strike at all, and so where all the other ones.

I started to move my hand slowly backward, cause even thought the snake looked non-threatening i did not want to the the chance that it might change it's mind! I started to feel that i just might be able to get out of there unharmed, i was facing left at this time making sure that the snake was still in a trance. I finally got my hand in a bent position and i began to lightly push up and then began to turn my face forward to see how the heck i was going to get out. It was then when i turned forward that this HUGE, ugly, green, king cobra with ugly spikes all over it was staring right at my face. It looked like it was going to eat me whole and i began to cry and was filled with fear. This cobra was not happy and was not going to let me go without striking at me. I felt the evil in it, i could feel it in my soul...i cried inside and cried out to God. "please God save me!" "please God protect me!". It was then when the snake was getting ready to strike (you know when snakes slash back to bite their preys), that a super bright light in the shape of a person stood right in front of the pit and said something to the snake in a language that i did not understand.

I was still laying there with the fear within me, and the snake turned towards the white silhouette and the snake was unmobilized. The white silhouette faced me and said "do not be afraid, you are not alone" in my head i screamed "WHAT!! you try having a snake in your face!" and then the white figure said it again "do not be afraid, you are not alone" while the silhouette was talking to me the snake cam back to life and something inside of me something said "grab it by the head before it turns back to you" so i closed my eyes and reached for the spike filled snake before it could turn around to strike me. So it was with my left hand that i reached for the ugly thing and it was painful!!! i felt all those spikes going through my skin and i screamed... and then i woke up....

After i woke up i felt my heart racing and tears where coming down my face, i was sweating and i thought to myself "what now?" "what else do i have to battle now?". I can't take another hit from the enemy i said to myself...
I went to work worried and stressed and it became hard for me to concentrate on my job. I kept repeating the dream in my head over and over and i was so scared and confused, but i knew that the Lord was trying to tell me something. I told the dream to one of my co-workers who is also a Christian and she suggested that i examine the dream with an open heart and prayer and not with fear.

John 14:1

Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God ; trust also in me.

It was right before my lunch break and i was sitting on a chair on my break replaying the dream in my head and praying when it hit me! I had WON! I GRABBED THE SNAKE BY THE HEAD!!! No matter how PAINFUL and scary, God was letting me know that HE WAS in control and that we had beat the snake!! By holding a snake by the head it becomes powerless!!! God had helped me win that battle! I ran out of the break room straight out to where my co-teacher was and i said to her "WE WON!!!" and she looked at me and hugged me and said "The Lord is about to do wonderful things in your life" it was right there and then that i received a text message from my husband saying that he had been hired for one of the jobs!!!! After 6 months of searching and no call backs it was then when i understood that the Lord was fighting my battles he opened the doors to his blessings.
I have been a Christian for a long time, but i am NOT perfect. Sometimes i get caught up in the monotony of daily life that I forget WHO IS REALLY IN CONTROL.

Psalm 25:2

in you I trust, O my God. Do not let me be put to shame, nor let my enemies triumph over me.

The Lord put in my heart to record these meaningful moments in my life so here is part of the interpretation of the dream...But the fact is that it wasn't just a dream...It was a VISION OF HOPE!! God is Good!
Photobucket
Psalm 143:8
Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.

No comments: