Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Traps Disguised as Blessings

Job 18:10
A noose is hidden for him on the ground; a trap lies in his path.

After waiting such a long time fro my husband to get a job, he finally got one. I was supposed to be filled with joy and all that fluffy stuff...but unfortunately i wasn't. There was something in me that made me think that there was something not right about this.
I went home feeling bad and thought to myself, "how could i be so ungrateful?" . God had just given my husband a job and here i was feeling unsatisfied. What was wrong with me? How could i be so selfish?

I wasn't until my husband started working there and began coming home so stressed out and telling me awful stories of disrespect that i knew that my feeling was not just me being ungrateful.

Satan lays traps down for us, yes even sometimes disguised as blessings. And the more i prayed about it and spoke to God the more i was sure that this was not my husbands job. There was so many wrong things and feelings about this that i prayed and prayed...

Do you really think that Satan was going to let my family go just like that? without a fight? yeah right!!! The enemy NEVER sleeps!! He had given my husband this job disguised as a blessing to lead us back into his battlefield. You know how i know that...2 weeks later my husband got a call from another job that not only paid a lot more but he got to work with other Christians in a more stable environment and with a great opportunity for growth.

My husband is so content in his new job and can't wait to move up the ladder and learn more about the company he is now working for. Now i can really say that that blessing was from the Lord!! Our car is still broken down, but our wonderful roommates have been letting us borrow their car for my husband to get to work (which has been also as tremendous blessing!).

Satan NEVER sleeps, but neither does God and i know HE is on my side!

Psalm 31:4
Free me from the trap that is set for me, for you are my refuge.

No comments: